The church is built mainly in the Perpendicular style but the Chancel is 13th century with Early English windows while the East window is 19th century. The south porch was added in 1463. The tower has a stepped parapet and four pinnacles each braced with two flying buttresses. Here is to be found one of the oldest “rings of eight” bells in Norfolk. These are now in good repair and are regularly rung. Another special historic feature is the 15th century painted screen. The 14th century chest in the chancel was restored in 1980 and since then much repair work has been undertaken. This includes the roofs, drains and gutters, tower, ringing chamber, interior walls and floors, bells and bell frame.

The Churchyard is a Conservation Area managed under the Norfolk Wildlife Trust Churchyard Conservation Scheme. A detailed record of as many graves as possible was put together by the ladies of Alburgh Women’s Institute and is kept up-to-date. From time to time details are provided for those tracing ancestors buried here. For this and any other information please contact the churchwardens who will be pleased to help:

For anyone wishing to spend a time of quiet or visit the church, the building is kept unlocked everyday during daylight hours.

Sadly there are no toilets in the church building, but it does have good heating.

The church is found on the outskirts of the village, but on Church Road, which runs parallel to the main road through the village and within walking distance of the village school. There is a small car park at the church as well as lots of places to park on the verge. For Sat Nav's the postcode is IP20 0DB but that may not take you exactly to the church door.

A map of the Parish Boundary and church can be found HERE

Click here The Benefice Page to view our other churches.

or click here The Service Page to view our service times.


All Saints church, Alburgh